Peak District MTB represent (you guessed it!) the mountain biking community in the Peak District. It's a huge area to cover, stretching across Derbyshire and reaching into areas of Sheffield, Greater Manchester, Staffordshire and West Yorkshire. Our shop is in the Peak District, so Peak District MTB are of course a group we actively support.
As the first National Park, the Peak District sees a huge number of visitors from across the UK and abroad. This brings a mixed set of challenges for the PDMTB folks, who've more than stepped up to the plate.
Here's some of the work they've been responsible for
- Trail maintenance at Mam Tor Greenlands
- Trail maintenance at Derwent Edge/Whinstone Lee Tor
- Key in stopping non-sensitive trail "repair" work by DCC on Rushup Edge
- Partnership with Ride Sheffield on the Cut Gate project
- Partnership with Keeper of the Peak and Ride Sheffield to publish The Advocacy Files
- Work at the Roaches to survey riders and establish a new permissive Bridleway
- Work at Bradwell edge to discuss future improvements and Rights of Way changes.
Although we're not directly involved in Peak District MTB, Si is in regular communication with them as part of his Ride Sheffield role. Where possible, the two groups are working together where areas overlap or one group requires the support of the other. Proper collaboration!
PDMTB have some really exciting projects in the pipeline too, so it's well worth having a look at their website and various social media pages;
- Peak District MTB website
- Sign up here for their newsletters
- Like and follow on Facebook and Twitter
Theme by InStijl Media