With Shimano announcing the EP8 motor earlier this year, it's been a fairly common question in the shop - will the Heckler be getting this too?
With their latest announcement, Santa Cruz have confirmed that this is a great big YES, but there's also another version of the Heckler too!
Firstly, the new Heckler
- Shimano EP8 motor (on S kit upwards)
- 504 wh battery
- R, S, XT and XO1 build kits. No more XX1, but the new XT kit for this model year
- Same 2 colours as before - Yellowjacket and Blackout
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler Carbon CC R Kit - £6400
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler EP8 Carbon CC S Kit - £7700
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler EP8 Carbon CC XT Kit - £8300
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler EP8 Carbon CC X01 Reserve Kit - £10000
Then the new Heckler MX
Taking the Heckler in a slightly different direction is the Heckler MX. As per the V10 MX, it's a mullet bike, with 27.5" rear and 29" front. The idea on the build is slightly lighter build, but with the different character a 29" front wheel gives. Great to have options!
- Shimano EP8 motor
- 504wh battery
- 29" front, 27.5" rear wheel
- 140mm travel front and rear
- Lighter fork and shock options
- R, S, XT and XO1 build kits
- Fog/Yellow or stealthy Black/Black
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler MX Carbon CC R Kit - £6400
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler MX EP8 Carbon CC S Kit - £7700
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler MX EP8 Carbon CC XT Kit - £8300
- 2021 Santa Cruz Heckler MX EP8 Carbon CC X01 Reserve Kit - £10000
As ever with new Santa Cruz models and compounded by 2020's stock difficulties, these bikes will be in short supply. We've ordered stock from the first drop, so don't delay getting in touch to discuss if you're keen!